Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Week of Fun!

We just spent the past week having loads of fun with my brother-in-law and sister-in-law, Jeremy and Erika. The highlight of the week was the trip to Kirtland, Ohio to see the temple and the church history sights there. It was such a spiritually uplifting experience which has strengthened my testimony of the church. Here we are after our tour of the temple.



After we toured the temple we went to the church history sites, saw two movies at the visitor's center (one of which was Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration - my favorite of all time), and received an in depth tour from the missionaries there. It was truly amazing to be in the same places where Joseph Smith lived and received many revelations for the church. It was awesome to be in the same places where many heavenly messengers appeared to him, including Jesus! Words just can't explain the experience!





Here we are in front of the Newell K. Whitney store. All of the these buildings are original. It's amazing how well they were kept.




















Here is the School of Prophets were all of the apostles met and had many visions and visits from Jesus and others. This is where Joseph would take the revelations he had received to present to the apostles. Chance and Savannah are sitting where the first apostles did.



This is the room where Joseph received many revelations, translated the Book of Moses, and worked on the translations of the Bible.







This was Joseph and Emma's room and their kitchen. This is where they had the twins that they later lost. I have a ton of other pictures that could go on for days!


We also went to the Air Force Museum:






























We went to Young's Jersey Dairy where we played miniature golf, fed the goats, had a wagon ride through some of the farm, and had a small little train ride. Chance was at Webelo's camp so he missed out on this little excursion :)























We had a wonderful visit with Uncle Jeremy and Aunt Erika!






2 comments:

Karen said...

I'm so glad that you were able to go and visit the church history sites! I'm really jelous too, I would love to go and see them sometime. Love the pics too! =)

I'm Always Rite said...

This post makes me so excited to come to Wright-Patterson. We just found out this morning that that is where we will be stationed as of August 20th. :) Shaina thinks we may have known each other at Travis, but I think we just missed each other. Am I right? I was hoping you'd have some insight into life at WPAFB, specifically the housing. I homeschool my kids so that's in the bag, but it is a new place and I would love any info you cna share. :)