Friday, October 3, 2008

Bye Daddy!







We had to say "goodbye" to BJ this evening as he set off for a trauma rotation in Germany. We went out to eat at Outback before dropping him off at the airport. He'll only be gone for the month, but it's the first time we've physically been apart since he started this grad school program. I guess it's just an exercise to get us somewhat used to deployments again which will begin when we move to Alaska (within the first year, we're told). The kids already have shed tears, but fell asleep pretty easily after staying up late to watch Star Wars the Clone Wars on Cartoon Network. We all miss you BJ - stay safe, work hard, and study lots! We love you.










5 comments:

Karen said...

That's always so hard. It doesn't matter how long they are gone, it's just hard. Good luck this month to all of you! I hope it goes by fast, Oh and Outback, Yummy!!!

Valerie said...

Where in Germany? Do you know which base? Terrence is not working in the hosipatal here. He is an Airman Leadership Instructor now. But if BJ is here, we would love to see him. Let us know where exactly he is and we can make it happen if he is around us!

Ande said...

I sometimes think the shorter ones are worse, you start off with the count down. Hope that all goes well.

Shaina said...

Are you still planning on seeing your family during this time? That will help, I think. Keeping busy helps time go by faster.
by the way, you are looking cute!

Valerie said...

Hey!!

Did BJ tell you I saw him? I was down there for a Stake Enrichment Saturday AM and went to the BX on the way home. I had just paid for my things and was waiting for a friend when I looked down the line of people for some weird reason and saw BJ! I stood there for a second to make sure it was really him and then I pushed my way back through the line to say hi. It was so good to see someone from home. Travis really became our home for the 5 years we lived there. It is strange that almost everyone has left. But the people from there are the same. HOME!! We are going to try to make it down there to go to dinner with him. When does he return home?